Thursday, April 17, 2014

Making Progress

I've started on my tutorials, which are available at http://angiestutorials.blogspot.com/ (opens in new window for convenience).  I've created a tutorial for how to create a Facebook account, how to create a Pinterest account, and "advanced" Pinterest.  There's not much to using the Pinterest site, so I think I've pretty much run the gamut with that.  There is a way to set up a business page, but I don't want to do that for the flower shop I'm working with because the owner may prefer to use her own information.  That may be something we discuss aside from this project.  I had no idea that it was possible, though, until I started working on this tutorial, so even I have learned something!

I feel like I need to do more with the Facebook stuff, but I'm not sure what.  There's SO much information and so many things to do that it's a bit overwhelming trying to cover everything.  I mainly want to show them how to run their business page, but it's hard to do a tutorial for that with screenshots.  That will probably have to be something I show them in person, as it will not involve all employees.   

I will also be creating a follow up survey for the participants to complete anonymously and return to me to let me assess how well I set up the tutorials for them.  I tried to be as thorough as possible, but when I have fresh eyes looking at it, they will let me know.

At first, I was afraid this project would be a difficult undertaking, but it has turned out to be easier than I thought.  I just hope I have all my bases covered!  I will be heading to Springfield on Saturday morning to have the ladies do the tutorials and guide them through the process. 

Hope everyone else is doing well with their projects!

4 comments:

  1. Nice tutorials, Angie! I am interested to hear how things go with the flower ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryan! I discovered a few issues with my tutorials as soon as we got started, but we were able to still do what needed to be done. It was a great learning experience!

      Delete
  2. Angie,

    For your survey, you might be able to utilize a survey site that specializes in online surveys. I'm considering using Survey Monkey. The only drawback with the free version is you can only do 10 questions per survey. I'm not sure how much the premium version costs, but it might be an opportunity to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Ryan! I've taken many, many surveys through Survey Monkey, but I've never created one with them. Unfortunately I've already administered my tutorials. Since there were only 4 students, I went the old pen-and-paper method with some yes/no questions. :)

      Delete